The Membership Chair performs the following tasks:
- Shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Keep an updated copy of the roster of all Club members provided by the Secretary.
- Searching out sources of new members.
- Carrying out initiatives which motivate people toward lawn bowling, including membership drives.
- Inviting groups of potential members to the Club and through prior arrangements, have the Coaching Chair explain and demonstrate the game.
- On approval of the Coaching Chair, recommend new membership applications to the Executive Committee.
- Devise and implement systems which will help new members to blend in to the Club population such as Mentorship concept.
- Maintaining the Tag Board, adding new members and removing those tags not in use from the board.
- Ensuring that all recent members are kept informed of by-law changes, rule amendments, future Club activities and other pertinent information which will make them feel at home.
The Chair shall report progress of the Membership Committee work and make appropriate recommendations at each meeting of the Executive Committee. In addition to a written report to the Club Secretary, the Chair shall deliver an oral report to members when invited to do so by the President.